12.06.2005

"So, where ya' been, doc?"

I've been getting emails from people wondering about the recent hiatus in blogging.

What I've been doing:

1. Getting through my third-year review. So far, so good on that front.
2. Went to the Lilly conference down in Miami and presented on Learning Communities.
3. Cleaning up some co-pubs and gearing up for some serious solo-pubs and book revision over the break.
4. Had the in-laws over for Thanksgiving. They brought some massive Mayport shrimp to appease the turkey gods. The twin vegetarians were able to coax a golden cider-brined turkey from the ether. Thanks for the shrimp...*wink*.
5. Grading, grading, and more grading.
6. The post-Thanksgiving guilty trips to the gym. I'm trying to weave together a good running, weight training, and ballet schedule. I still haven't hit the balance quite right. The marathon really messed with my metabolism and sleep cycle, and smashed up my feet, so I'm hoping that easing back into the routine helps me address these issues.

Thanks for the concern, friends and family.

No comments: