2.03.2008

The Blahs of February

Right now, things are looking a little dark.

On the surface, things should be fine. I just got an article accepted to one of the premiere journals in my field, which should help cement my growing tenure case (that is, if my other articles and chapters in the pipeline ever come out, and my special issue doesn't fall victim to some unforeseen calamity). Sport and I are getting out quite a bit as well. Yesterday, I got to shoot some hoops, do some pullups and ride the bike. Today? We did our long run.

Success and getting around doesn't seem to cut through the blahs some days. What makes it doubly difficult is that success can actually cause some of these darker moods. It's not like I live for the finish line, but it stinks when when the sight of the finish line depresses me.

3 comments:

LK said...

Sounds like somebody needs a little green chile...

But that's great news about your latest article. Nice job.

Doc Mara said...

The glass if half full. The glass is half full. The glass...

Anonymous said...

green chile aside, i think a healthy dose of full-spectrum bulbs are in order! at least it sounds like you are getting outside when you can. one of the cruellest aspects of winter up there is that when it is super-sunny and inviting it is also usually minus 20. i lived in the upper midwest (iowa) for six long winters and i don't think i've complained once about the weather since i got back to albuquerque. hang in there--as i'm sure you know, winter does (eventually) end. thanks for the DCF support!